It was 1891 when Mr. C. W. Bubar arrived with his family in the Boundary district and settled in their log home located on the north side of the Kettle River about a mile west of Ingram Ford. Mr. Bubar had first seen the property in the spring when the hills were green and the creek was running full - down the hillside between two benches. It was this sight that made him want the property.
The following was found among the papers of Mr. J.M. Bubar, describing leaving Penticton for the final leg of the journey from England... "Now came the most serious part of our journey - transferring seven people with one team and a saddle horse about 100 miles over hills and high mountains. Loading grub and bedding and six persons into the heavy wagon and with one person riding the saddle horse, we set forth..."
And on their arrival at their new home many days later... "We kept on till dark following a hogback which was called a road... Next morning on we went up the same hogback till we thought we would never get to the top. But every mountain has a peak and soon we were in bunchgrass country and fairly level. It was beautiful country - wood in the south and grass and water everywhere... Soon we dropped down to Mary Ann Creek and after crawling up a long hill we slipped down to Myers Creek. McMynn's ranch came in sight and then crawling up a long slope we could see the Kettle River down below. At Rock Creek we turned east and soon were fording the river to our future home."