Take the challenging quiz and test your knowledge of Canada’s national treasure.
Every week, new National Treasures will be featured on this site, and each one with a quiz question! The answers to these questions appear in one of three possible places: the Treasure Description, the Associated Video, or in the Student Essay.
To keep track of when new treasures and questions are released, we recommend you check back often, or subscribe to the RSS feed!
You can start the quiz from the first treasure or you can answer the questions in any order you like. Just choose a Treasure and start playing!
How do I play?
- Click on the icon associated with each Treasure. You will be given a multiple choice question.
- Search for the answer in the Treasure Description, Associated Video or Student Essay.
- Once you know the answer, return to the question by clicking on the icon again.
- If you have never played before and wish to save your progress, click the button “Get a Participation Code” BEFORE you answer your question. This will allow the site to record your response. Keep this code for your records, and enter it every time you play!
Please Note: Since no personal information is collected, codes cannot be re-sent.
- If you already have a code, please enter it on the right-hand side of the screen in the box “Enter your participation code” BEFORE answering the quiz question, and press “Submit Code”.
- Once you have received a new code, or entered your existing code, you can answer the question by selecting one of the four (4) choices, and pressing “Submit”.
- You can continue to answer other questions on the site and your score will be displayed on the right-hand side of the page.
Start Right Away!
If you want to start right away with the first question, click on “Take the Challenge” below or select a Treasure at the right!
After you’ve completed all the currently available questions, you can add your name to the high score board and also see other competitor’s scores.
So how did you score?