Before the project
Click here to see the complete file on the Quebec-style house.
The owners of this home find that the façade of their house is a little plain. Would it be possible to spruce it up with a limited budget?
To do so, they can simply add on a few simple decorative elements, at a reasonable cost.
SARP Renovation Method
1- Make the most of certain elements to highlight the porch and openings
- Shutters and flower boxes give the windows a warm country look and make them stand out.
- Wide decorative posts on the porch frame the doors and windows without blocking them. Their 125 mm (5 inch) width is proportional to the façade dimensions.
- Curved decorative boards on the front edges of the porch roof add style to the façade.
- Simple mouldings above the windows, about 100 mm (4 inches) high, add a little style.
2- Choose shutters that are proportionally correct
To get the most out of your windows and shutters:
- If you choose to install this type of ornament, you should do so for all the windows.
- Each shutter should cover half of the window, so that both cover the entire window when closed
- By varying models and colours, it is easy to renew the look of a house. If you prefer wood shutters, they come in a wide variety of colours, and can be repainted anytime you like.
- As with shutters, flower boxes should have proper dimensions. They should be the same width as the windows, or slightly narrower.
- There are countless types of flower boxes - as many as there are types of flowers... use your imagination!
Simply adding shutters and flowers boxes to this house gives it a renewed traditional look at a reasonable cost.
After the project