Electricity is part of our lives today. It is almost impossible to imagine life as we know it without it. From the obvious use of electricity for light and heat, to the not so obvious use to produce the consumer products that we use everyday, electricity has changed the way we live our lives forever. Although it appears to be all around us, it is important to understand where it comes from and how its use impacts everything around us.
- a list of terms that are used in describing hydroelectric generation, dams and electricity.
- Cross Section of a Dam
- have you ever wondered where the water goes as it passes through a dam?
- Power Distribution Diagram
- how the electricity travels from the generators at the dam to your house.
- How a Dam Turns Water into Power
- how the power of water converts into electricity.
- links to resources, companies, and ideas related to hydroelectricity and its generation.