Operator: Silversmith Power & Light Corporation
Type: Run of river
Although not the first hydro development established in Sandon, the Silversmith was the most technologically advance when it was installed in 1916. It supplied power to the Silversmith Mines and mill. The powerhouse was built in 1916 and the machinery used dates back to 1905, as it was secondhand at the time of installation from the City of Vernon. The powerhouse provided both electricity to the mill and compressed air and electricity to the underground workings of the mine. The plant draws water from Carpenter and Cody Creeks through a wooden penstock that has a vertical drop of 185 m (610 ft).
The Silversmith Powerhouse is still in use today, and is the oldest continuing operating plant in Canada.