The Institute moved to the present Laval campus in 1963. This land was part of a farm that had been bought in 1939 in order to keep the big animals (horses and calves) needed in the production of serums, diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, as well as smallpox vaccines. The food for the Institute’s numerous laboratory animals was also grown at the farm.
© Armand-Frappier Museum, 2008. All rights reserved.